Cherry, Arugula and Quinoa Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Salad
This salad features peppery arugula, warm black quinoa, goat cheese, and gorgeous dark red cherries, tossed with an easy balsamic vinaigrette. It’s a flavorful, healthy summer salad!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- One handful of dark cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Cooked quinoa (red or black is preferable to white quinoa)
- Cook the quinoa: measure out one cup of quinoa, pour into a colander, and rinse the quinoa under water for a minute. Pour the rinsed quinoa into a pot and add two cups water (you’re going for a 1:2 ratio of quinoa and water). Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit for a few minutes, and fluff with a fork.
- Assemble your salad: whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with several handfuls of arugula. Add slightly warm quinoa, a good sprinkle of goat cheese, and cherries.
Inspired by Kiss My Spatula’s Wild Arugula-Quinoa Salad with Cherries.
Make just one serving: One cup of uncooked quinoa will yield enough cooked quinoa for about 3 or 4 salads. I like to have leftovers around for breakfast, but feel free to use 1/2 cup quinoa and one cup water if you don’t want much extra.
Make it dairy free: Just omit the cheese!
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.