Baked Oatmeal with Blackberries, Coconut and Banana
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8
- Category: Breakfast
You’ll love this baked oatmeal recipe, which calls for coconut milk and coconut flakes, and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Use your favorite berries!
- 2 cups / 7 oz / 200 g rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1 can / 14 oz / light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup / 2 oz water
- 1/3 cup / 2 oz / 60 g pure maple syrup (or raw sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups / 6.5 oz / 185 g blackberries or other berries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the top third of the oven.
- Butter or spray cooking oil on the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, sugar (if you’re using it in place of maple syrup), baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup (if using), coconut milk, water, egg, half of the butter, and the vanilla.
- Place the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange two-thirds of the berries on top of the bananas.
- Cover the fruit with the dry oat mixture, then drizzle the wet ingredients over the oats. Wiggle the baking dish to make sure the milk moves down through the oats.
- Scatter the remaining berries across the top, and sprinkle some extra coconut flakes and raw sugar on top if you’d like.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden. Remove your baked oatmeal from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Drizzle the remaining melted butter on the top before serving.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.