Individual Pear and Apple Crisps
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 (fewer if anyone wants seconds, which they will!)
- Category: Dessert
These make a wonderful, quick and pretty darn healthy dessert. They’re also delicious for breakfast with a big dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt. You could also top them with vanilla bean ice cream or maple-sweetened whipped cream. Feel free to gussy them up with a sprinkle of lemon zest. No matter how you eat them, you’re going to love them!
- 4 D’Anjou pears or Gala apples
- Scant 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Scant 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking pan (a 13×9 inch pan would work well).
- Cut the pears and/or apples in half and use a paring knife to carefully cut out the cores. Discard the cores.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Use a big spoon to mix it well.
- Scoop about two tablespoons of dough onto each pear/apple half and use your hands to smush it into a mound.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.