Orecchiette with Spinach and Gorgonzola Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Pasta
I whipped together the gorgonzola sauce using ingredients I had on hand: crumbled gorgonzola cheese, 2% milk, and lemon. I recently encountered a gorgonzola cream sauce that used gorgonzola (duh), cream (duh), and nutmeg (delicious), so you might like to try nutmeg instead of lemon. I think goat cheese would be pretty amazing along with some chopped roasted red pepper, which is not unlike my favorite pasta salad recipe. You could also go with a simple butter and garlic sauce, pasta, and steamed greens!
- 6 to 8 ounces of spinach (or other fresh greens)
- 12 ounce package of whole wheat orecchiette (or any other small pasta shape)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese (or more)
- 1/4 cup milk
- one lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until al dente, according to the directions on the box.
- Rinse off the spinach. If desired, roughly chop your spinach into slightly smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk, gorgonzola and the juice of one lemon.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, toss in the spinach, stir, and cook for about 10 to 15 seconds . Drain. Drizzle in the olive oil and pour in your gorgonzola sauce. Stir, and enjoy!
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.