Peach Raspberry Sorbet
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Dessert
Sweet peaches meet tart raspberries in this delightful, all natural summer sorbet.
- 6 medium, ripe peaches (about 2.25 pounds)
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (one small container)
- 3/4 cup raw (turbinado) sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Peel and slice peaches into cubes.
- Combine peaches, raw sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cover and cook on medium heat for a little over 10 minutes, until peaches are soft.
- Remove the peach mixture from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, purée the raspberries in your blender. Filter out the seeds by pouring the raspberry purée through a fine mesh colander. Press the liquid through the colander with the back of a big spoon or spatula, and discard the seeds.
- Once the peaches have cooled, combine the raspberry purée and peach mixture in the blender. Blend until smooth, and chill the mixture in the fridge.
- Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions. Enjoy!
- Adapted from Use Real Butter’s recipe for White Peach Sorbet, which is from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
- If you want to try this sorbet with champagne/sparkling wine, I suggest a decent bottle of Prosecco. It’s almost like a peach bellini!