The past ten days have been an absolute whirlwind. I’ve traveled over a thousand miles by car and been tied to a computer for days. This weekend, I hope to take it easy; plans include a visit to the farmers’ market, pilates, and clinking fresh cocktails with friends.
I suspect any sweet summer fruit would make a great mojito mixer, but cherries seem particularly well suited. The slight sweetness of the rainier variety mixes well with mint. Bing cherries might be even better, but I haven’t had a chance to try. If you do, please let me know!
Rainier Cherry Mojito
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Category: Cocktail
This rainier cherry mojito recipe is so refreshing. It’s a naturally sweet cocktail that’s perfect for hot summer days.
- 8 cherries
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar or raw (turbinado) sugar
- 1 ½ ounces white rum (Myer’s is my favorite)
- Club soda
- In a mixing glass, thoroughly muddle cherries, mint, lime juice and sugar.
- Stir the rum into the mixture.
- Fill a collins glass with ice and pour your mixture into the glass. Top it off with club soda.
- Mix by pouring the drink back into your mixing glass, then back into your drinking glass.
- Sip. Relax. Enjoy.
Recipe inspired by Sprouted Kitchen’s rainier cherry muddler.