Tomato and Goat Cheese Toast
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Appetizer
Tomato and goat cheese on toast is an easy summer lunch or snack. It’s a meal you’ll wish will never end!
- Whole wheat bread, preferably sliced thick
- Goat cheese (I used crumbled but I bet sliced rounds of goat cheese would be easier to manage)
- Tomato (the freshest, plumpest tomato you can find)
- Olive oil
- One clove of fresh garlic, finely minced or use a garlic press
- Sea salt and black pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 450 degrees with a rack in the top position.
- Slice your bread, if necessary, and lightly brush each side with olive oil. Brush some minced garlic on the top, too.
- Add a layer of goat cheese, topped with sliced tomato. Brush a little more olive oil and garlic on the tomatoes.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until the bread is toasted and the goat cheese is melting and slightly golden. Enjoy!
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.