Pineapple Cilantro Serrano Cocktail
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Mexican
This refreshing cocktail is made with pineapple juice, tequila, cilantro and serrano pepper. It’s bold, spicy, sweet and herbal all at once. Delicious!
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small lime, juiced
- 1 small, round slice of serrano pepper (1/8th to 1/4th-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 3 ounces quality pineapple juice
- agave nectar (optional), to taste
- In a cocktail shaker or glass, muddle the cilantro, lime juice and slice of serrano.
- Fill the shaker with ice and pour in the tequila, pineapple juice and a light drizzle of agave nectar (optional). Shake well, and strain the mixture over ice in a cocktail glass.
- Garnish minimally with a lime round, or get fancy with a slice of pineapple and sprig on cilantro on a cocktail pick.
- Feel free to skip the serrano if you’re sensitive to spice.
- I didn’t feel the need to add any agave nectar to my drink, but I’ll let your taste buds decide if you need it.
- I tried muddling up fresh chunks of pineapple, but they didn’t yield enough juice to merit the effort or the wasted pulp. I much prefer R.W. Knudsen’s organic pineapple juice to the canned stuff.
- If you feel lost in the tequila aisle, I like Milagro’s 100% agave tequila, which comes in a cool bottle. Milagro spoiled me by sending me a few bottles to try, but I only mention it here because it is damn good stuff!
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.