- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
So easy. So good. Everyone needs this tortilla pizza recipe.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (or whole wheat pita bread)
- 1/4 cup sauce (marinara, pesto, olive oil and garlic, barbecue sauce)
- 1/3 cup or less shredded/crumbled cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, goat, feta)
- Toppings (go wild!)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the tortilla in a 12-inch cast iron pan or baking sheet (max crispiness option: place the tortilla on a stainless steel, oven-safe cooling rack, and place that on the baking sheet).
- Spread sauce evenly across the tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch around the edges. Sprinkle with cheese and toppings.
- Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbling (no sooner!) and the edges of the tortilla are lightly browned, about 10 to 14 minutes. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Toaster oven option: Bake the pizza directly on the rack of your toaster oven at 400 degrees for 8 to 11 minutes.
Tortilla note: Make sure to check the ingredients list on the whole wheat tortillas. It should list about 5 ingredients, not 25. I buy mine at health food stores and store them in the fridge or freezer and they almost never go bad.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.