Watermelon Juice Recipe
- Prep Time: 9 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Drink
Refreshing, naturally sweet watermelon juice couldn’t be easier to make in a blender.
- 1 small sweet watermelon (a 6 pounder will do)
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Slice the watermelon in half. Assuming your watermelon isn’t seedless, slice the halves into smaller strips and use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds. Discard the seeds, and scoop chunks of watermelon from the rind into the blender. If the watermelon is seedless, use a big spoon to scoop chunks of watermelon flesh into the blender. Discard the rind.
- Blend the watermelon until it is totally pulverized. This shouldn’t take more than a minute. Squeeze the juice of one small lime into the blender and blend for a few seconds. If your watermelon is notably pulpy, pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. If not, you can pour it directly into glasses filled with ice.
- Watermelon juice inspired by my trip to Belize for the launch of Flavors of Belize, the cookbook.
- Your juice will only be as good as your watermelon, so find a good one at a farmer’s market or health store.
- My 6.5 pound watermelon yielded about 5 cups of juice.
- The juice will separate over time, just stir it with a spoon to recombine.
- You can make cantaloupe juice using the exact same method!
- You might also like my melon cocktails—try the watermelon cucumber cooler or cantaloupe fiesta cocktail.