Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Category: Cookie
- 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal, very firmly packed (about 3 ounces or 100 grams)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, very firmly packed (about 1 1/2 ounces or 43 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (preferably grade B) or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter (or coconut oil), maple syrup (or honey) and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes in the refrigerator so the coconut flour can absorb some of the excess moisture (or let the dough chill in the fridge for 10+ minutes if you want fat cookies, like those shown here). Scoop dough, one tablespoon at a time, in mounds onto the baking sheet, leaving a couple inches around each cookie.
- Bake for about 11 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. The cookies will be fragile when they are warm but will firm up as they cool.
Recipe adapted from Gluten Free Fix.
Yields 24 small cookies.
Make it dairy free/vegan: Just use the coconut oil instead of the butter (to make it dairy free) and choose maple syrup as your natural sweetener instead of the honey (to make it vegan).