Red Pepper Martini
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Cocktail
Sweet and spicy, peppery vodka martinis. Serve as a savory before-dinner cocktail, or as a light alternative to a bloody mary at brunch. Amounts given below yield two cocktails.
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded (use more or less depending on how spicy you want the drink to be)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 ounces Stoli vodka
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 dash hot sauce, preferably Cholula
- freshly ground black pepper
- coarse sea salt
- First, line the rims with black pepper and salt if desired. Sprinkle a small plate with pepper and salt, run a lime wedge around the rims of two martini glasses, and dip the edges in the salt and pepper mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the bell pepper, jalapeno, lime juice and garlic. You’re done when the peppers have no more crunch left in them.
- Add the vodka, agave or simple syrup, hot sauce, a couple twists of freshly ground black pepper and a dash of salt. Fill the shaker with ice, top the shaker with its lid and shake it like crazy. Strain the mixture into the prepared glasses and serve immediately.
- Cocktail inspired by the beautiful red bell cocktail at Manifesto (Kansas City) and the red pepper-infused vodka at The Thin Man (Denver).
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.