Ruby Red and Rosemary Honey Cocktail
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Cocktail
A beautiful and light winter cocktail made with fresh grapefruit juice, vodka, lemon, rosemary and honey.
Honey simple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
Ingredients per drink
- 2 ounces fresh ruby red grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit yields 6 to 8 ounces of juice)
- 1 1/2 ounces Stoli vodka (or gin)
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce honey simple syrup
- 2-inch sprig of rosemary
- tiny dash of sea salt (trust me)
Garnish, per drink
- 2 to 3-inch sprig of rosemary
- First, juice the grapefruits and make the honey simple syrup. Pour the honey and water into a small saucepan and warm over medium heat. Use a whisk to blend the honey into the water and remove from heat (there is no need to bring the mixture to a simmer, this process should only take a couple of minutes).
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the grapefruit juice, vodka, lemon juice and honey simple syrup. Top with a sprig of rosemary and a dash of salt. Put on the lid and shake until the mixture is thoroughly chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a small sprig of rosemary. Serve immediately.
- Gin would also be lovely in this cocktail.
- Leftover honey simple syrup should keep well, refrigerated and covered, for several weeks.
- You can use store-bought grapefruit juice if you’d like, but freshly squeezed juice tastes better.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.