The Little Green Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 side salads
- Category: Salad
A fresh arugula side salad with Parmesan and toasted nuts, tossed in a simple lemon vinaigrette. It’s wonderful as is but feel free to change it up with my suggested variations or put your own seasonal spin on it.
Salad (no amounts given, you can eyeball this)
- Small nuts or seeds, toasted (pine nuts, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds are great)
- Freshly grated Parmesan
Lemon vinaigrette (yields enough for 6 to 8 small side salads, leftovers will keep in the fridge for several weeks)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pinch sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, avocado and sunflower seeds
- Thinly sliced cucumbers, radishes and almonds
- Thinly sliced fennel and pine nuts
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl (or a jar with a watertight lid), whisk together (or shake) the ingredients until emulsified.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the arugula with a handful of toasted nuts and grated Parmesan (don’t skimp). Add a drizzle of dressing and toss until the salad is lightly coated throughout. If desired, toss in the suggested add-ins. Serve immediately.