Clementine Sunshine Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 smoothie
- Category: Smoothie
Simple, delicious smoothie made with clementines and creamy yogurt or almond milk. This healthy, immunity-boosting smoothie offers around 240 percent of your daily value of vitamin C! Recipe yields one modestly-sized, 10-ounce smoothie.
- 4 clementines, preferably chilled
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup yogurt or almond milk (plain or vanilla flavors work)
- Tiny dash sea salt
Totally optional add-in ideas (I prefer the smoothie as listed above):
- Chunks of frozen banana for extra creaminess (you can scale back on the ice if using frozen banana)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric for exotic flavor and more immunity-boosting properties
- Drizzle of honey for extra sweetness
- One drop of pure vanilla extract for more of a dreamsicle flavor
- Use your fingers to peel the clementines and pull each one in half. Pull out any excess pith in the center and discard it.
- Add the yogurt or almond milk to the blender, followed by the clementines, ice and a tiny dash of salt, which enhances the other flavors. Feel free to add any of the optional add-ins suggested above. Blend well, until the clementines have turned into juice and there are no chunks of ice left.
- There will probably still be some bits of pith in the smoothie. If you don’t mind some texture, pour into a glass and enjoy immediately. For a perfectly smooth smoothie, pour it through a metal sieve into your glass.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.