Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
Creamy mango frozen yogurt made with all-natural ingredients! This mango fro-yo is so delicious and healthy, too. Recipe yields 1 quart frozen yogurt.
- 16 ounces mango chunks (1 pound), frozen or fresh
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups full-fat yogurt, chilled
- In a medium saucepan, combine the mango (frozen or fresh), honey, lime juice and salt. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mango mixture from heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Purée the mixture in a blender until it is completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl (using a larger bowl will help the mixture cool faster) and refrigerate it until the mixture is thoroughly chilled. You can let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours, or even overnight, or speed up the process by placing the bowl in the freezer, stirring every 15 minutes or so, for about 45 minutes.
- Mix together your chilled mango mixture and chilled yogurt, then freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately for a soft serve texture, or transfer the frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours for a scoopable consistency.
Recipe adapted from my blueberry frozen yogurt.
On the yogurt: I used Trader Joe’s European-style organic full-fat yogurt (my favorite kind). I *think* full-fat Greek yogurt will work as well, but there’s a chance the mixture will be too thick to churn. Let me know if you try!
A note on ice cream makers: I love-love-love my 2-quart Cuisinart. If you don’t have an ice cream maker and don’t want to buy one, here are a couple of methods that might work for this frozen yogurt (I haven’t tried them): how to make ice cream with a food processor (tips from Jeni Britton) and how to make ice cream without a machine (by David Lebovitz).
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.