Mediterranean Tomato & Feta Dip
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
This tomato feta dip recipe is perfect for summer parties! This beautiful dip is absolutely delicious and easy to make. You can serve it as a salad or use it as a topping for scrambled eggs or omelets, too. Recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 pints (4 cups) cherry tomatoes, quartered (I love a mix of red and yellow)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 twists of freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (don’t buy pre-crumbled; buy a block of feta!)
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
Accompaniments: Toasted crostini or pita wedges, crusty bread, pita chips or sturdy crackers…
- Combine the quartered tomatoes and sliced olives on a large serving platter or in a medium-sized serving bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, vinegar and pepper. Whisk until blended. Drizzle all of the mixture over the tomatoes and olives, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta and chopped basil over the tomatoes. Gently toss a few times to combine. Serve immediately, with accompaniments of your choice. This dip is best when fresh, since the tomatoes continue to release their juices over time, but leftovers (covered and chilled) are still good for a day or two.
Make it gluten free: The dip itself is gluten free. Just be sure to choose gluten-free accompaniments.
Make it dairy free: I think that this dip would be fantastic on a platter without the feta, with the vegan cashew sour cream from my cookbook drizzled on top.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.