Vibrant Orange & Arugula Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
You’re going to love this beautiful green salad featuring fresh oranges, goat cheese, almonds and radishes! A simple lemon dressing ties it all together. Recipe yields 6 side salads.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 5 to 6 ounces baby arugula
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced and roughly chopped radishes
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, toast the almonds: In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the almonds until they are fragrant and starting to turn golden on the edges, stirring frequently (careful, they’ll burn!), about 5 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl to cool.
- Place the arugula on a large serving platter or into a large serving bowl. Arrange the oranges, toasted almonds, goat cheese and radishes on top. Sprinkle the top lightly with a pinch or two of cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and salt. Whisk together until blended. Taste, and add a little more honey if it’s unpleasantly tart.
- Once you’re ready to serve, drizzle the dressing lightly over the salad (you might have a little extra), toss, and serve immediately.
Storage suggestions: If you intend to have leftover salad, store the salad and dressing separately, and toss individual portions just before serving.
Make it dairy free: Omit the goat cheese.
Make it vegan: Omit the goat cheese and use maple syrup instead of honey.
Make it nut free: Substitute sunflower seeds for the almonds, or omit them altogether.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.