This is an exciting role for valued long-term work at Cookie and Kate! We’re looking for an exceptionally organized individual to help Cookie and Kate run as efficiently as possible. If you would rather get a little messy than stare at a computer screen all day, this may be the role for you. We work out of a comfortable and light-filled space in Westwood, Kansas.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position with a flexible schedule, starting at 12-20 hours per week. The work is flexible based on your availability. Much of it can take place any time, anywhere.
You’ll need to be available for regular meetings/work sessions at our studio (ideally one day per week, or more often).
The ideal candidate is:
- Well-acquainted with Cookie and Kate
- Organized, conscientious and meticulous with details (an administrative pro!)
- Positive, upbeat, resourceful and inherently helpful
- Tech savvy
- Eager to research anything from where to eat in Paris to the best food processor on the market
- A quick learner
- An avid home cook, or at minimum, appreciative of good, fresh food and a healthy lifestyle
- Project assistance: Basically, help me stay on track as I manage multiple projects and deadlines (recipe development, web development, special projects/resources, etc.). Forecast potential issues and proactively problem solve.
- Administrative tasks: Anything from managing my calendar, to mailing receipts and cookbooks, paying bills, booking travel and planning itineraries, backing up computers to external hard drives, emptying the dishwasher (seriously), ordering office supplies and more.
- Cooking assistance: Input recipe notes as I cook, or better yet, cook from a provided recipe draft. This requires meticulous attention to detail. We’ll make recipes over and over until they’re just right.
- Organizational tasks: Organize the studio pantry and prop collection, and make sure all ingredients and props are ready prior to photo shoots and recipe test days.
- Around town: Run errands, deliver props to our video team, place grocery and delivery orders (or pick them up), make returns as needed, etc.
- Website work: Manage future website projects, such as creating recipe roundups on WordPress from a list (I’ll teach you how).
- Proven experience as an executive assistant, project manager, or chef, or a background in science or banking.
- Must have the means to work remotely and run errands (a computer and a car).
- Excellent communication skills—you’ll be corresponding on my behalf and working with my Marketing and Communications Assistant as well.
- Lastly, you must love dogs! Cookie is always with us at the office.
Pay: Hourly, negotiable depending on the qualifications of the applicant
Location: Kansas City
Start date: As soon as Monday, June 8th, 2020, pending local health guidelines
Submission deadline: Monday, June 1, 2020 (we’ll be checking them as they come in, so don’t delay)
How to apply: Send your resume and a brief explanation of why you are a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.