Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
This recipe yields enough pesto to toss with pasta for 6 to 8 people. Feel free to double the recipe if you really want to make it in bulk. I live alone so this is plenty of pesto for me!
- 4 cups of packed arugula leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup of shelled walnuts
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 full lemon, squeezed
- Over medium high heat, lightly brown the unpeeled garlic cloves, about ten minutes. Peel off the skins once they have cooled down.
- Over medium high heat, toast the walnuts until fragrant, about three to five minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the arugula, salt, walnuts and all the garlic.
- Pulse while drizzling in the olive oil.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and put it into a bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, freshly ground pepper and a big squeeze of lemon, to taste.
Adapted from Simply Recipes.
Change it up: Substitute basil for the arugula.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.