Miso Noodle Soup
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Asian
A restorative miso and soba noodle soup with vegetables, sort of like a vegetarian chicken noodle soup with an Asian spin.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 ounces soba noodles, broken in half
- 1 (14-ounce) container extra-firm tofu, drained and sliced into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into bite-size strips
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1 carrot, peeled and ribboned using a vegetable peeler
- For extra spice (optional): additional red pepper flakes and/or sriracha
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and water and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the soba noodles and return to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu, bell pepper, onions, miso, ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the halved snow peas and carrot ribbons. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until the peas are crisp-tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with additional crushed red pepper and/or a light drizzle of sriracha, if desired.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.