- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salad
Healthy tabouli made with quinoa that is loaded with flavor. Delicious as a side dish or light meal!
- 1 cup black or red quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 bunch curly parsley, chopped
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- one small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of two lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar (optional, add if you think it needs a little extra kick)
- To make the quinoa, first rinse one cup of quinoa in a mesh colander under running water. That washes away the bitter saponins on the surface.
- Dump the rinsed quinoa into a medium sized pan on the stove. Add two cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for fifteen to twenty minutes, until the water is absorbed. Once it’s done, remove from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Let the quinoa cool, then toss in the rest of your ingredients.
- Add more olive oil, salt or pepper, and/or vinegar to taste.
- If you have time, cover and let the salad chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight, to let the flavors blend together.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.