Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: about 12 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
Roasted red pepper and tomato soup to celebrate the end of summer heat. Make a giant batch to freeze for cooler weather!
- 8 or 9 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 small yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees with two racks placed in the middle of the oven.
- Grease two (preferably rimmed) baking sheets. Place tomatoes, skin side down, on one of them.
- Toss the onions and red peppers lightly with olive oil. Place on the other baking sheet, with the red peppers skin side down. Place the unpeeled garlic on the sheet, too.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Heat your vegetable broth on medium-high heat. Peel your garlic and toss it in. Add roasted vegetables and simmer for ten minutes.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender, several cups at a time.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.