What a weekend! I’m all tuckered out after a few fun-filled days with friends. Highlights include hanging out at the Dustbowl Art Market, making faces in a photo booth, sipping on [numerous] free cocktails and laughing over classic diner fare at breakfast. Last night we danced away to my friends’ 90s band, which made me feel old in the best way possible. I’m turning 26 this month, you know.
Tonight I’m sharing a pumpkin and pineapple cocktail that was inspired by a drink at Pura Vida in Cleveland (see the original here). Upon first sip, I vowed to recreate it at home, so I’m keeping to my word. It’s a real treat! It’s sweet but balanced; I’d savor one for dessert any day.
Pumpkin Pineapple and Rum Cocktail
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 cocktails
- Category: Cocktail
For a delicious pumpkin cocktail, blend together pumpkin purée, pineapple juice, dark rum and spices! It’s a surprising combination that tastes amazing. Recipe yields 2 drinks.
- 7 ounces (1 scant cup) pineapple juice (I like R.W. Knudsen)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 big lemon, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of allspice or cloves
- 3 ounces dark rum (I prefer Myer’s)
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Fill two double old fashioned glasses with ice.
- Pour the mixture over ice and garnish with a dash of cinnamon.
Recipe inspired by Pura Vida Restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio.