The concept for this cocktail came to me in a flash of brilliance (or desperation?) around 5 o’clock last Friday. I’m sure it has been done before, but it’s delightfully simple and postworthy nonetheless.
I must warn you that this drink is dangerously delicious; I took a sip, snapped some photos, and slurped it right down. Cheers!
Strawberry Smash Cocktail
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Category: Cocktail
Summery cocktail made with strawberries, basil, vodka, club soda and a drizzle of honey. Cheers!
- 5 ripe strawberries, leafy ends removed
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (plus more for garnish)
- Drizzle honey
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- Club soda
- In a mixing glass, thoroughly muddle strawberries with the basil.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lemon and a drizzle of honey.
- Stir in the vodka.
- Fill a collins glass with ice and pour your mixture into the glass. Top it off with club soda.
- Mix by pouring the drink back into your mixing glass, then back into your drinking glass. Garnish with lemon round and a strawberry.
Strained option: If you aren’t down with chunks of smashed strawberry floating in your drink, just pour the mixture through a strainer, into a glass filled with ice.
▸ Nutrition Information
This is the second post in my new summer cocktails series. Don’t miss my first cocktail, the beautiful red bell, which is made with red bell pepper, basil, and gin!