When presented with a cocktail menu, I just can’t help but order a whiskey drink. Old fashioneds, manhattans, a well-made whiskey sour or any spin on the above. I’m a whiskey girl. Always have been, always will be.
Naturally, when I spied the cinnamon maple sour on the menu at Summit Bar and Grill the other day, I had to order it. Then, I liked it so much that I had to recreate it at home.
This whiskey sour recipe is sweetened with maple syrup, which tastes so much more interesting than plain old simple syrup. It includes plenty of fresh lemon juice, too, and a hefty pinch of ground cinnamon, which tastes so right this time of year. You can skip it, though, if you want a more classic whiskey sour.
This is my last post before I take off for the holidays. Be merry and be safe! If you’re looking for last-minute recipes, I have 23 favorite holiday recipes for you and more cocktails here. I appreciate you all so much for hanging out with me here and cooking my recipes in your kitchens. xo!
Cinnamon Maple Whiskey Sour
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 cocktail
- Category: Cocktail
Meet the best whiskey sour recipe—it’s full of bourbon and fresh lemon, sweetened with maple syrup and includes a hint of cinnamon (spice is optional). Feel free to multiply the amounts given below by up to four, if you’d like to make a bigger batch in your cocktail shaker all at once.
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons) Bulleit bourbon or your bourbon of choice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 4 teaspoons maple syrup, to taste (I like 3 teaspoons, which is the equivalent of ½ ounce or 1 tablespoon)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker or mason jar about two-thirds full with ice. Pour in the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Securely fasten the lid and shake well.
- Pour fresh ice into your cocktail glass and strain the cold whiskey sour mixture into the glass. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by the cinnamon maple whiskey sour at Summit Grill and Bar in Kansas City.
▸ Nutrition Information