The concept for this cocktail came to me in a flash of brilliance (or desperation?) around 5 o’clock last Friday. I’m sure it has been done before, but it’s delightfully simple and postworthy nonetheless.
I must warn you that this drink is dangerously delicious; I took a sip, snapped some photos, and slurped it right down. Cheers!
- 5 ripe strawberries, leafy ends removed
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (plus more for garnish)
- Drizzle honey
- 1½ ounces vodka
- Club soda
- In a mixing glass, thoroughly muddle strawberries with the basil.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lemon and a drizzle of honey.
- Stir in the vodka.
- Fill a collins glass with ice and pour your mixture into the glass. Top it off with club soda.
- Mix by pouring the drink back into your mixing glass, then back into your drinking glass. Garnish with lemon round and a strawberry.
This is the second post in my new summer cocktails series. Don’t miss my first cocktail, the beautiful red bell, which is made with red bell pepper, basil, and gin!