Amazon ⋄ Barnes & Noble ⋄ BAM! ⋄ IndieBound ⋄ Indigo ⋄ iBooks
About the Book
The path to a healthy body and happy belly is paved with real food―fresh, wholesome, sustainable food―and it doesn’t need to be so difficult. No one knows this more than Kathryne Taylor of America’s most popular vegetarian food blog, Cookie and Kate.
With Love Real Food, she offers over 100 approachable and outrageously delicious meatless recipes complete with substitutions to make meals special diet-friendly (gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free) whenever possible. Her book is designed to show everyone―vegetarians, vegans, and meat-eaters alike―how to eat well and feel well.
- 100+ recipes, all of which are meatless
- 90% brand new recipes, plus a few blog favorites (better than ever!)
- 36 of the recipes offer tested “Change It Up” tips for how to change the recipe with the seasons, etc.
- Vibrant photos of every recipe
- Published by Rodale Books
- Official release date May 16, 2017
- Good Morning
- Happy Hour
- Let’s Feast
- Sweet Treats
- Cooking tips and flavor boosters
- My favorite ingredients
- Foods for dogs
- Five steps to creating an epic salad
- Cooking cheat sheet: tape it inside your kitchen cabinets
- Menus and helpful recipe lists
- And more!
Special diet details
Each recipe offers special diet labels for the following categories, as applicable. The recipes offer simple dietary substitutions/modifications (all thoroughly tested!) whenever possible.
- 100+ vegetarian recipes
- 97 dairy-free/dairy-free option recipes
- 95 egg-free/egg-free option recipes
- 97 gluten-free/gluten-free option recipes
- 89 nut-free/nut-free option recipes
- 100 soy-free/soy-free option recipes
- 96 vegan/vegan option recipes
“As a longtime reader of Cookie and Kate, I’ve anticipated this book for years. And not surprisingly, it 100% delivers. The recipes and photos perfectly echo Kate’s taste and aesthetic, while providing new and exciting dishes for the beginner and advanced cook alike. I can’t wait to get in the kitchen and try everything.”
―Dana Shultz, author of Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking
“Kathryne’s debut cookbook is packed with all the wholesomeness, approachability, and charm that fans of her blog, Cookie and Kate, have come to love. Featuring flavorful recipes made from simple, whole foods, a ton of helpful tips, and many heartwarming cameos from Taylor’s canine sidekick, Cookie, Love Real Food is sure to become an everyday staple in kitchens everywhere―mine included!”
―Angela Liddon, author of Oh She Glows Every Day
“I’ve always loved Kathryne’s approach to cooking because of her focus on flavors and easy-to-master meals. Her cookbook is no different: it’s filled with beautiful, approachable vegetarian recipes that the entire family will enjoy. This book will easily become a staple for everyday cooking!”
―Erin Alderson, creator of Naturally Ella
“I just love Kathryne’s approach to real food! Simply put, this is the food that I want to eat every day. It’s a celebration of real, beautiful, and wholesome food. The book has a range of healthified favorites, like Easy Carrot Cake and Roasted Eggplant Lasagna, as well as recipes with super creative flavor combinations, like Chickpea Tikka Masala and Fresh Greek Nachos (yum!). No one is going hungry at this party―I think we can all raise our glasses of Strawberry Rose Sangria and (avocado) toast to glorious satisfying food.”
―Jeanine Donofrio, author of The Love and Lemons Cookbook