Hi! I wanted to be sure to let you all know about the rosemary roasted nuts I posted on Better Homes and Gardens’ Delish Dish blog last week. A little bit salty, spicy and sweet, these herbed nuts are proof that sometimes a little bit of butter and sugar go a long way. I should warn you that these nuts are absolutely irresistible. You can find more pictures, preparation notes and my adaptation of the recipe over on my post at the Delish Dish blog.
Speaking of last week, the past several days were a total whirlwind, in the best possible way. I traveled to Salt Lake City for a blog conference called Alt Summit. I’m so glad Melissa, Erin and Heidi peer pressured me into buying a ticket, because I had a grand time hanging out with with them and Kelsey, Jeanine, Maria, Liren and Becky. Quite the talented bunch, no?
Highlights included sitting down for a chat with Jessica Alba (proof!), actress and founder of The Honest Company, a natural, eco-friendly product line. Many thanks to Heidi for offering me a place to stay, and by “place to stay” I mean a bedroom in her gorgeous mountain-side home with enviable marble countertops and three sweet pups (meet Gigi). You all missed out on some seriously incredible butternut squash lasagna with shiitake mushrooms that she made for all of us.
I could ramble on forever but I have a work deadline to meet. I’ll be back soon with some killer quick bread, and maybe that granola recipe I owe you, and then expect a bunch of hearty soups and salads because my jeans are too dang tight. Until then!
Rosemary Roasted Nuts
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 5 ½ cups nuts
- Category: Snacks
Sweet, spicy, herbed party nuts. You can’t go wrong with these!
- 1 ½ cups whole unblanched almonds
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 ½ cups walnuts and/or pecans
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped or snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. On a rimmed baking sheet (if you’d like, line it with parchment paper for easier cleanup), mix together all of the nuts. Bake about 12 minutes or until fragrant and toasted, stirring halfway.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in the melted butter. Drizzle butter mixture over nuts, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve warm or cooled to room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe minimally adapted from BHG’s rosemary roasted nuts, for their Delish Dish blog.