The idea for this sweet and spicy summer salsa came to me while I was spacing out in the kitchen, with a peach and a lime in sight. It’s like mango salsa, but better. This salsa is great with blue corn chips, on tacos, or served as a relish.
Avocado Peach Salsa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Sauce
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
This sweet and spicy summer salsa features ripe peaches and avocado!
- 1 ripe peach, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup packed cilantro, chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- Drizzle of white wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Toss all of the chopped ingredients together in a bowl. Squeeze the lime and a drizzle of vinegar over the top.
- Toss and add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate if you will not be serving immediately. Since peaches and avocado brown over time, this salsa is best consumed within a day or so.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients to taste. The second time I made the salsa, I used two small peaches and an extra jalapeño because it just wasn’t spicy enough. Double the recipe for a crowd!