Long summer days are the best, aren’t they? Ninety-plus temperatures can be draining, but I never stop riding the summer wavelength. I love it. I love the buzz I feel inside and the echo of the creatures buzzing outside. I love the summer thunderstorms that rattle my little house with thunder. One is rolling through right now, flexing its muscles in distant booms and waves of rain.
When the sun is shining down, I love to sit on a patio and sip on an ice cold and clinking, fizzy drink. This cocktail is perfect for that. I thought minty mojitos couldn’t get more refreshing… until I added cucumber, that is. It lends some marvelously complimentary, fresh flavor without fighting the mint. Break out that muddler, because mojito season is officially here!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: Cocktail
Learn how to make a super refreshing mojito with muddled cucumber! You’ll love this light summer cocktail made with mint, cucumber, rum, club soda and lime.
- 2-inch slice of peeled cucumber, halved into two rounds and then quartered
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons cane sugar, to taste
- 1 small to medium lime, juiced
- 1 ½ ounces clear rum
- Club soda
- In a tall, sturdy glass, muddle the cucumber, mint and sugar until the cucumber offers no more resistance.
- Fill the glass with ice, then pour in the lime juice and rum. Top off with club soda and stir. Serve with a thick straw.