The holiday season is here! I know this year will feel different, but I’m looking forward to festivities on a smaller scale. I’m sharing my annual holiday gift guide to help you find the good stuff. I’m as particular with product recommendations as I am with my recipes, and I can vouch that these are truly gift-worthy.
This year, we’re kicking things off with my favorite affordable gifts. I’m still polling my dad, brothers and husband for their favorite items, so I’ll try to add a section geared toward the guys soon.
The links in this post are affiliate links, which means I’ll get a small commission if you purchase through my links (at no cost to you). Thank you for supporting Cookie and Kate.
Want to make edible holiday gifts this year? Here are a few great options:
See you tomorrow. I have a few more Thanksgiving recipes lined up for you!
Totally Gift-Worthy Items Under $25
- Osmia Organics Soap: Osmia’s natural soaps are gorgeous, smell amazing and last forever. My favorite scent is Vetiver Grey, but Citrus Pearl is the most beautiful to look at (shown here).
- Hand Cream: Coincidentally, Osmia’s hand cream is my new favorite. It’s perfect for keeping near the sink to nourish our dry hands, especially since we’re washing them more than ever.
- Tile Wallet Finder: Perfect for the guy who’s constantly losing his wallet. Tile makes a key finder, too.
- Luxardo Cherries: These are the fancy cocktail cherries you’ll find in a well-prepared Old Fashioned cocktail. I don’t like regular maraschinos, but I love these.
- Love Real Food: Of course, my cookbook makes a great gift! Give it to the vegetable enthusiasts, the dog lovers, and everyone who might benefit from more wholesome recipes in their life.
- Travel Mug: These travel mugs work just as well as the more expensive brands, in my experience.
- Insulated Cocktail Shaker: This shaker is so great because your hands don’t turn icy-cold in the process. Perfect for the cocktail enthusiast!
- Marble Wine Cooler: Gift this to the wine drinker who loves white and rosé. This item is a touch over $25, but I suspect Crate and Barrel will be running holiday promotions soon.
- Extra-Large Ice Cubes: These ice cubes are perfect for stiff drinks like the Old Fashioned. They’re also great for any drink on warm days since they melt more slowly.
- Silk Eye Mask: This lovely eye mask is made from OEKO-Tex certified silk.
- Hair Drying Turban: Gift this to anyone with long or thick hair. I won’t leave town without it!
- TenOverTen Nail Polish in Carmine 002: The most perfect shade of medium red, free of the worst nail polish chemicals.
- Kosas Mini Lipstick Set: Ultra flattering, naturally formulated lipsticks. Now you can try all three in miniature form!
- Haws Handy Watering Can: Perfect for the houseplant enthusiast. This small plastic watering can is just adorable. It holds two cups of water at a time.
- Plant Nanny: This is the greatest invention! Fill a wine bottle with water and use this terra cotta contraption to slowly disperse the water over time.
Gifts for the Cook
- Love Real Food: My cookbook makes a great gift! Give it to the vegetable enthusiasts, the dog lovers, and everyone who might benefit from more wholesome recipes in their life.
- Le Creuset 5.5-Quart Dutch Oven: This heirloom-quality cookware lasts forever, and I swear it makes food taste better.
- A Good Chef’s Knife: Everyone needs a good chef’s knife, and this knife is available at a great price. I own other knives by this brand and have never been disappointed.
- Imperia Red Pasta Machine: My now-husband gave me this pasta maker on our second date. It’s lovely to look at and easy to use.
- Linen Apron: This apron is just perfect. It’s available in kid sizes, too. Order early because these are made to order.
- Love and Lemons Meal Record and Market List: This menu planner is both beautiful and helpful! Perfect for the organized or wants-to-be-organized visual person.
- Cast Iron Skillet: With proper care, cast iron skillets will last forever. They’re non-toxic, too.
- Vitamix A3500 Blender: The next-generation Vitamix has some great features. For a less expensive machine, you really can’t go wrong with the classic 5200.
- AllClad 4-Quart Pot with Ladle: We got this pot this year and it has proved to be a great size. It’s too small for most soup recipes, but it’s perfect for rice and pasta for two people.
Gifts for the Baker
- Oven Mitts: These polka-dotted oven mitts have a layer of silicone for extra protection.
- Measuring Spoons & Measuring Cups : My favorites. The measuring spoons fit easily into spice jars.
- Maldon Salt: This flaky sea salt is the perfect finishing touch for cookies and more. I store it in this pretty marble salt cellar.
- Silicone Spatula: My favorite silicone spatula (I use it daily).
- Small Whisk: Never underestimate the utility of a small whisk.
- Fiesta Loaf Pan: This loaf pan is so pretty and bakes evenly.
- Digital Scale: This scale makes precise measurements easy.
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer: This hand-held mixer can do almost everything.
- Tapered French Rolling Pin: Made in America and built to last forever.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer: This 5-quart mixer is available in so many amazing colors, at a great price right now!
Gifts for the Lovely Lady
- J.Crew Cocoon Coat: This wool coat is as warm as a non-puffy coat can be. It comes in beautiful colors—I bought my royal blue coat at least five years ago and it still looks great.
- J.Crew Vintage Terry Crewnecks: These casual-cute cotton raglan crewnecks are perfect for lightly chilly days, and even more cozy layered over a fitted shirt or button-up. I love the saturated colors like dark spruce and vintage burgundy.
- Patagonia Women’s Radalie Jacket: This warm jacket fits into a tiny yoga cubby and looks more chic than most puffy jackets (available in longer length here, but you’ll want to size up in this style).
- Longchamp Le Pliage Neo Large Nylon Tote: This bag is the perfect size for my MacBook and more, zips shut for security, slips over the handle of my carry-on, and fits under the seat.
- M.Gemi Sophia Velvet Sneakers: I am so impressed by this company’s line of chic Italian-made shoes, and I can’t get enough of this comfy sneaker style.
- Madewell Square Scarf: I love square scarves because they’re less bulky but still warm. The fringe on this one is so fun.
- Floral iPhone Case: How pretty is this phone case? It’s a collab between Casemate and Rifle Paper Co.
- Organic Cotton Joggers: 2020 is the year of the joggers, am I right? These are so soft and cozy!
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: This mask doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, exfoliates evenly and leaves my skin glowing. A little goes a long way, so it’s worth the price tag.
Extra-Special Gifts for the Sentimental
- Fuji Instax Classic Camera: This is a modern Polaroid camera that prints 2×3″ photos. Don’t forget to buy film, too!
- Pressed Glass Photo Frames: The 4×6″ size is perfect for displaying a vertical Instax photo.
- Marble Frames: We have these on our living room shelves. We put photos printed by Mpix inside (have been very pleased with their printing services; black and white giclée prints look incredible).
- Artifact Uprising Photos: This company makes the most beautiful photo gifts. I love their easel calendar and photo display boxes.
- Framebridge 19″ Framed Print: If you’re looking for framed wall prints, Framebridge makes beautiful options. We received this as a wedding gift.
- LayeredAndLong personalized jewelry: I bought my friend a necklace with the location coordinates of her wedding. You can inscribe it with a name or anything else.
- Legacy Box: My mom just used this company to scan old family videos and photos into digital format. So fun!
- Custom Welcome Mat: This mat comes in several design options, and I want one. Order by December 3 for Christmas delivery.
- Skylight Digital Frame: My grandma had one of these and loved it. We emailed photos to a designated email address and they automatically displayed in her frame!
Cozy Gifts for the Homebody
- Cozy Organic Robe: This organic cotton robe from Coyuchi is soft, comfortable, flattering and has pockets that don’t bunch up! It takes the chill off but it’s not too warm, if you tend to overheat like I do.
- Monogram Mug: Love these cute black and white monogrammed mugs. (Here’s another fun option.)
- OXO Adjustable Temp Kettle: This gooseneck kettle is perfect for the coffee or tea lover in your life! The inside is made entirely of stainless steel (no plastic parts touch the water).
- Breville Milk Frother: Make cappuccino-worthy foam at home! This steamer/frother is great at mixing hot chocolate and other warm, creamy drinks.
- EcoWool Slippers: These cushy slippers are like Birkenstock sandals for winter time. Size down at least 1/2 size if you don’t wear socks so they’re cozy all the way around your feet.
- Kindle E-Reader: After lugging stacks of books around the world, I finally caved and got an e-reader. This is waterproof and lit from within for reading in dim situations.
- Allbirds High-Top Mizzles: I declare these the perfect cold-weather shoes for walking the dog. They’re warm, waterproof and washable. Also love their wool loungers for casual wear.
- Girlfriend Yoga Pants: These are my favorite yoga pants. They’re made from recycled water bottles, and come in a million colors and sizes!
- Bath Caddy: My husband got me this great bathtub caddy. It’s perfect for reading books or browsing from a regular-sized iPad.
Gifts for the Dogs & Dog Lovers
- Custom Pet Art: How amazing are these pet watercolors?
- Dog Print Water Bottles: Transport water for you or your pup in these cute dog-printed stainless steel water bottles. Available in poodle print, Scottie, dachshund and French bulldog.
- Dog Bandana: This Denver-based company makes the cutest bandanas and pet accessories.
- Foggy Dog Leash: These super high quality leashes are made from marine rope.
- Brentwood Home Dog Bed: We bought this bed for my husband’s dog, Annie, who has bad knees. It’s made of eco-friendly materials and seems like it will last forever.
- Dog House Ornament: I think we’ll be getting two of these for our tree this year.
Happy holidays from Cookie and Kate! ♥
I got your cookbook last year for Christmas and it was such a huge help in my transition to vegetarianism. My favourite cookbook ever. I’ll be gifting it to my cousin this year who just went vegan!
I just ordered the custom pet watercolour. Thanks for the recommendation!
Okay, you sold me on the new kindle paper white. I’ve had my kindle keyboard for almost ten years now, browsing for books on it just isn’t a fun experience. I’m looking forward to my new paper white!!
I just ordered a robot vacuum as well – maybe that should be added to the dog lover list next year!
Hey Crystle!! Yay, awesome! My friend Ali sold me on the Paper White. Great idea on the vacuum—adding to my list! Happy holidays. :)
I am obsessed with your blog and cookbook!!! I want to “ask Santa” for the Dutch oven for Christmas.. do you have a size rec that you use for your recipes? I rarely stray from C&K so whatever you use for the majority of your delicious recipes should be perfect for me! Thank you!
Thank you so much, Carolyn! You’re going to love the Dutch oven! I use my 5.5 quart most often. It’s the white Le Creuset you’ll see in many of my soup photos. Large enough for a generous batch of soup and cooking for 4 to 8 people. I also have a 3.5 quart, which is good for pasta and whatnot.
Awesome :) Thank you so much!
Thank you Kate! Agree your gift suggestions are as good as your food choices. Thank you for making healthy food taste so good! I am grateful to you! Happy Thanksgiving and congratulations on your recent nuptials!
Great ideas! Thank you :)
Happy holidays, Christina! :)
Have you had that kitchen scale for long? Mine recently died after approx 5 years of use. I’m getting tired of buying items that end up in the landfill before 10 years.
Hey Jazzmin, I hear you on that! I just checked. I bought the scale over four years ago and it’s still going strong.
Thanks for the recommendation on the silk eye mask. I was looking to replace my Bucky 40 Winks one that I have used nightly forever. The old Buckys were great but the new ones should be marked as disposable- they just disintegrate! I slept in my new mask last night and it was heavenly. I am a longtime reader and your blog is my go-to for so many recipes. Making your Best Lentil soup this weekend for the 20th time.
Best to you and hope Cookie is on the mend!
Really loving your website and getting real inspiration when it comes to cooking something healthy and tasty, can you make a category for IBS sufferers I wonder? It can be really tricky to find wholesome recipes without onion and garlic triggers!
Hi Caroline, I will take it into consideration, but I can’t make any promises as I feel that is very specific to person sometimes.
Best Christmas presents
Great info!Buy christmas presents online and Celebrate the magic of Merry Christmas with the beautiful and handpicked collection of christmas presents and greetings available on volgopoint online shopping.