Good morning! I’m publishing this monthly roundup one day early, since Sunday seems to be menu-planning day. I can’t believe May is almost here—that’s cookbook release month! Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered already. You’re the reason why my book has the “#1 New Release in Vegetarian Cooking” banner on Amazon that makes me so happy.
Since I spend so much of my time on the Internet, I often find links that I want to share. I thought I’d offer a few today, and if you like them, we can make it a regular feature in these monthly roundups. On the other hand, if you’re eager for even more cooking inspiration, check out my full May seasonal post here.
- Turning Negative Thinkers Into Positive Ones: Compassion and kindness-focused meditation produces a more variable heart rate. Woah.
- The Best Air-Cleaning Plants For Your Home
- How to Save Broken Makeup: I’ve been meaning to use the alcohol trick to fix some broken blush.
- The Science of Leftovers: Why they taste so good.
- Rethinking Retinoids: Some plant oils naturally contain small amounts of Vitamin A, and those oils are your best bet if you have sensitive skin like me.
- Dogs in Bags: The beagle is my favorite.
- Welcome to Pleistocene Park: One man’s effort to save the world. Seriously mind boggling.
- How I Stay in Shape as a Professional Baking Blogger: Sarah and I share similar habits.
- To Stay Married, Embrace Change
- Brooklinen: Their “mid-plush” pillow cured my neck pain when yoga and massage could not (that’s a referral link, since I’d like to upgrade my guest pillows).
Lastly, I recently changed how my recipes appear and it seems that a few recipe lost their ingredients or instructions in the process. I’m clicking around as fast as I can to find any remaining issues. If you find one, please leave a comment on that post and I’ll hop right on it! So sorry for the inconvenience.