This super fresh corn salad recipe is bursting with fresh-from-the-garden goodness. This salad features fresh sweet corn, cucumber, radishes, tomato, herbs and jalapeño tossed in a simple vinaigrette. Creamy feta or avocado brings it all together.
This salad would make a beautiful presentation at your summertime get-togethers or on your dinner table. It goes well with grilled options and balances out heavier main dishes. I think it would look cute as an appetizer, served in small glasses or ramekins.
It’s been so hot in Kansas City lately that I’ve fully embraced raw summer produce. I’m a big fan of raw sweet corn, but you could grill your corn first if you’d like some smoky flavor. This corn salad recipe is delicious either way.
Fresh Sweet Corn Tips
Buy fresh corn and use it promptly. Freshly harvested corn has the sweetest, most delicious flavor, and it loses that flavor as time goes on.
How to cut corn off the cob: I find it easiest to just lay the corn down on the cutting board. Slice off a strip of kernels lengthwise with a sharp knife, rotate so the flat side is against the cutting board, and repeat as necessary.
Watch How to Make Garden-Fresh Corn Salad
Craving more light and fresh summer recipes? Here are a few of my favorites, no cooking required:
- Colorful Strawberry Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Lebanese Lemon-Parsley Bean Salad
- Fresh Corn Salsa
- Gaby’s Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Avocado Dip
- Fresh Black Bean Salad
Please let me know how you like this recipe in the comments! I appreciate your feedback so much. Let me know what you’re craving this summer, please. ♥
Garden-Fresh Corn Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 salads 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
This fresh corn salad recipe features raw sweet corn, fresh herbs, cucumber, radishes, jalapeño, tomato and more! It’s the perfect summertime salad. Recipe yields 4 to 6 salads.
- 3 cups raw corn kernels (from about 4 cobs)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about ½ cup)
- ¾ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup quartered and thinly sliced cucumber (preferably English cucumber)
- ½ cup chopped fresh leafy herbs (choose from basil, dill, mint, parsley and/or cilantro)
- ½ cup chopped radishes
- 1 medium jalapeño, very thinly sliced (omit if sensitive to spice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar, to taste
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese or 1 ripe avocado, diced
- In a large serving bowl, combine the corn, tomato, green onion, cucumber, herbs (don’t skimp on the herbs!), radishes, and jalapeño.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and several twists of black pepper. Whisk until blended, then pour it over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Add most of the feta or avocado (reserve some for garnish), and gently toss. Taste, and add more vinegar for more tang (I usually add another full tablespoon), or salt for more overall flavor. Garnish with the remaining feta or avocado.
- Serve promptly, or chill for later. This salad keeps well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator, covered.
Make it dairy free/vegan: Use avocado instead of feta. If you’re missing feta’s salty punch, you could add some thinly sliced Kalamata olives.
Corn options: I love raw sweet corn here, but you could also use frozen corn, defrosted and drained. Want more smoky flavor? Grill your corn before making this salad!