I begin this post with an urgent plea: you must try this. If you like savory sweet potatoes like I do, you’ll go mad for this easy baked sweet potato recipe. You’ll dream about it. I know, because I did.
Due credit goes to my friend and neighbor, Matt, who improvised the sweet potato toppings. He chopped up some fresh rosemary from my herb garden, chives from his garden, and added a pat of butter. I grated parmesan cheese over the top, along with fresh black pepper and sea salt. End result? Magic.
Try it. I insist.
Rosemary Parmesan Sweet Potato
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Side
A simple, savory baked sweet potato. This sweet potato would be fantastic as a side dish or accompanied by a giant green salad.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- pat of butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bake your sweet potato: scrub it with a vegetable brush and throw it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. I didn’t even bother poking holes in the potato beforehand.
- Slice the potato lengthwise, and squish the ends toward the middle a bit to open it up. Fill with remaining ingredients (amounts given above are approximate, use your best judgment).