Mother’s Day snuck up on me this year! I’ve rounded up my favorite spring-y recipes for the last-minute people like me. Let’s celebrate our loving mamas with home-cooked meals all weekend long.
If you’re looking for a way to connect virtually this weekend, I have an idea for you. Maybe you could schedule a virtual baking session together? My muffin recipes, for example, are simple enough to make while you’re chatting. They’re all stirred together by hand, so you won’t be interrupted by any loud mixers. I’d make the blueberry muffins! (If you’re out of regular flour, homemade oat flour is a viable alternative.)
Below, you’ll find fresh, vegetarian recipes organized by category—from savory and sweet brunch options, to salads and sides, main dishes and desserts. For even more options, you could peruse my spring brunch roundup. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
- Avocado Pesto Toast
- Broccoli, Cheddar & Spinach Frittata
- How to Make Frittatas (Stovetop or Baked)
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten-Free Banana Oat Waffles
- Gluten Free Oat Waffles
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Mimosas (plus fun variations)
Salads & Sides
Good news: Any of these recipes would pair beautifully with the main dishes listed below. Take your pick!
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Balsamic Drizzle
- Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted & Raw Carrot Salad with Avocado
- Sun-Dried Tomato Caesar Salad
- Vibrant Orange & Arugula Salad
Here are my favorite spring-y entrées. They’re all delicious and full of redeeming vegetables.
- Balsamic Spinach Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Bell Pepper
- Best Vegetable Lasagna
- Broccolini Almond Pizza
- Roasted Carrots with Farro, Chickpeas & Herbed Crème Fraîche
- Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- Spring Pea and Asparagus Pasta
Here are some fruity treats for Mom! The first three would go great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Blueberry Almond Crisp
- Citrus Olive Oil Cake
- Gluten-Free Almond Cake with Berries on Top
- No-Bake Greek Yogurt Tart